Dawson’s Men’s Shop began as an extension of Dawson’s Women’s Shop which was began in 1934 by Miss Eula Dawson. Miss Dawson built a reputation based on fashionable, quality merchandise and personal service. When she decided to retire, Herman West, along with his partners, purchased Dawson’s Women’s Shop in 1969, and in 1970 opened Dawson’s Men’s Shop. The partnership dissolved in 1975 and Herman West became the sole owner. The store enjoyed many successful years on Main Street in Downtown Morristown, but in 1990, Mr. West felt the need to relocate to the Morristown Plaza. After another move in 1999, Dawson’s is now located in its current location. In May 2018, long time employee, Greg Shockley purchased the store allowing West to rest assure that his legacy will remain steadfast in a changing world. Dawson's is dedicated to maintaining the same care they've always extended to their customers by offering the finest fabrics, design, and attention to detail that has been their trademark over the years.